- All New Mondeo sees the New Zealand introduction of Ford’s inflatable rear seatbelts, Ford’s Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection and Ford’s MyKey
- All New Mondeo with TDCi diesel engine offers fuel economy of 5.1 l/100km* fuel economy, beating the Toyota Camry hybrid
- High output 176kW EcoBoost engine available on Mondeo Trend and Titanium
- SYNC®2 features satellite navigation with ‘one shot’ voice entry for destination input
Available now at Ford dealers throughout New Zealand, the All New Mondeo brings to New Zealand beautiful new design and smart new technologies including Ford-first safety features like the introduction of inflatable rear seat belts standard across the range.
In addition, the TDCi diesel engine offers fuel economy of 5.1 l/100km* fuel economy which beats even the Toyota Camry Hybrid.
Corey Holter, Managing Director, Ford New Zealand, said the All New Mondeo continues Ford’s push across all segments to raise the bar and exceed customer expectations.
“The All New Mondeo continues Ford’s plans to shake up the market in every segment and offer New Zealanders whole new levels of reliability, smart technology and driving excitement,” said Holter. “We did it for utes with the Ford Ranger and now the All New Mondeo will continue that trend in its segment.
“The new design is stunning and the vehicle is absolutely packed with smart features and safety technologies that have been proven around the world.”
Visually, the All New Mondeo delivers a contemporary design with the functionality and space expected by customers in the medium car segment.
“We’ve had the advantage of seeing the car well ahead of time in Europe and in pictures it’s certainly impressive but in person it’s on a whole new level with beautiful design inside and out,” said Chris Masterson, Marketing Manager, Ford New Zealand. “We have our segment competitors of course but even New Zealanders with a luxury or premium brand vehicle on their shopping list should be taking a look at the All New Ford Mondeo.”
Produced at Ford’s state-of-the-art plant in Valencia, Spain, the All New Mondeo features a sports coupe profile with low roofline and incorporates a retractable panoramic glass roof for the Titanium wagon and a fixed panoramic roof for the Titanium hatch.
The lean side-profile is sculpted to convey “visual lightness,” while the sophisticated and technical front end design features Ford’s more prominent trapezoidal grille, a power-dome bonnet and adaptive, slim-line, laser-cut headlamp design.
The large upper grille is positioned higher on the front to make the car look more confident with a chrome surround and five chrome bars. Key features include:
- Smaller lower grille is finished in gloss black on high series with a ‘chrome smile’ that runs along the lower edge
- New style Ford badge is countersunk into the nose of the car above the upper grille
- The bonnet is highly sculpted with a powerful looking power dome
- Very slim headlamps are elongated into the wings to create a very modern look, as if it was ‘laser cut’ into the vehicle
- The roof line is lower than the current Mondeo, adding to the low athletic style
- Aerodynamically optimised side mirrors are positioned to maximise visibility
- Two-piece wrap-around tail lamps feature LED brake lights and turn indicators
Inside, Mondeo drivers are greeted by a digital analogue instrument cluster, while a sleek, wrap-around centre console design delivers a sporty, cockpit-like feel.
A dynamic range
With the All New Mondeo now on sale, customers will be able to choose from the dynamic Ambiente, stylish Trend and range-topping Titanium models.
Powering the All New Mondeo will be the option of a 149kW/345 Nm EcoBoost engine on the Mondeo Ambiente or optional 132kW/ 400Nm TDCi diesel on Ambiente and Trend. While the Trend and Titanium models will offer a high output 177kW version of the EcoBoost engine.
The All New Mondeo is the first model for New Zealand to be built on Ford’s new global CD-segment platform, debuting Ford’s new integral link rear suspension configuration for improved refinement and more dynamic performance.
The all new platform and body structure is enhanced with Electric Power Assisted Steering for the first time on Mondeo, and an optimised anti-lock braking system also helps reduce stopping distances by more than 1 metre from 100 km/h. The All New Mondeo’s body structure is also 10 per cent stiffer than the previous-generation Mondeo while handling-enhancing technology includes Torque Vectoring Control.
Ford-First Safety Features for New Zealand
Standard across the entire range is a Ford New Zealand first and a class-leading safety feature - Inflatable Rear Seatbelts. Inflatable Rear Seatbelts are designed to operate like conventional seat belts with the added ability in the event of a collision to deploy a ‘mini-air bag’ over an occupant’s torso and shoulder in 40 milliseconds.
The Inflatable Rear Seatbelts feature spreads crash forces over five times more area of the body to help reduce pressure on the chest and control head and neck motion for rear seat passengers.
“Inflatable Rear Seatbelts now on all of our new Mondeos are a great example of Ford going further for our customers,” said Masterson. “It’s an important and effective new safety feature that customers will appreciate having for their passengers, whether it’s the kids in the back or work colleagues.”
Ford’s Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection
The All New Mondeo (Trend and Titanium models) will feature Ford’s Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection, another Ford first for New Zealand, designed to reduce the severity of and, in some cases, even eliminate frontal collisions involving pedestrians. Ford’s Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection provides a collision warning to the driver and, if the driver does not respond in time, can automatically apply the vehicle brakes.
The All New Mondeo also features segment-first enhanced MyKey safety technology to enable Mondeo owners to program a key that when used can inhibit certain functions including incoming phone calls to help reduce driver distraction. MyKey can also restrict the top speed of the vehicle, prevent deactivation of driver assistance and safety features, reduce the maximum volume of the audio system, and disable the system altogether if driver and passengers are not using seat belts.
MyKey is already available on the Fiesta ST and has proven to be very popular with parents – perhaps less so with their teenagers.
“Ford’s MyKey has been very successful wherever it’s been introduced,” said Masterson. “Teenagers may not like it as much but it certainly gives parents added peace of mind when they hand over the keys.”
Smart Ford Features throughout the range
With the All New Mondeo, Ford continues its leadership in ‘democratising technology,’ bringing more and more features and technologies right through its entire range of vehicles. Previous features and technologies only found on ‘top of the range’ vehicles are now found throughout.
The All New Mondeo line-up features Ford’s SYNC2 connectivity system with voice control. SYNC2 is a voice-activated communications and infotainment system which includes – 2 USB ports, SD card port, iPod and audio/video RCA inputs, Bluetooth® connectivity and Satellite Navigation System.
The All New Mondeo Trend and/or Titanium features a further array of driver assistance features not found on other mid-size competitor cars, including:
- Lane Keeping Aid can alert the driver if they drift out of their lane by vibrating the steering wheel and will direct them back into their lane by automatically applying steering torque unless their indicator is on. (Mondeo Titanium)
- Adaptive Cruise Control can sense if traffic is slowing and automatically slows to maintain a pre-determined distance from the car in front. When the traffic clears, it goes back to the driver’s pre-set speed. (Mondeo Titanium & Trend)
- Forward Collision Warning sounds an audible alert when it senses a reduction in traffic speed ahead and, if the possibility of a collision is detected, audible and visual warnings are activated to alert the driver. (Mondeo Titanium)
- Enhanced Active Park Assist takes the stress out of parking by not only finding a spot that’s just the right fit, but also by steering into parallel and now perpendicular parking spaces itself. (Mondeo Titanium)
- Active City Stop can help avoid or mitigate rear end collisions at speeds up to 40 km/h. (Mondeo Titanium & Trend)
All New Mondeo line up and feature walk;
All New Mondeo Ambiente
- 17” Alloy Wheels
- Halogen Projector headlamps
- Day Time Running Lights (DTRL)
- Fog lamps
- LED tail lamps
- Privacy Glass – rearward of B-Pillar
- Active grille shutters (diesel only)
- Power, heated mirrors
- Follow-me-home lighting
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Hill Launch Assist
- Load-levelling suspension (Ambiente and Trend wagon models only)
- Heated side mirrors
- Paddle Shifters
Interior Comfort & Convenience
- Electronic Park Brake
- Cruise Control with speed limiter
- Dual-Zone Climate Control
- Leather steering wheel and gear shifter
- Global Open/Close – Windows
- Cloth Seats
- 60:40 Rear Split Seats
- Driver Lumbar Support
- SYNC®2 with high-resolution 8” colour touch screen
- Satellite Navigation with ‘One Shot’ destination entry via Voice Control - natural language Voice Control for phone, music, climate and navigation controls
- Bluetooth with audio streaming
- USB, RCA, SD Inputs
- Inflatable Rear Seatbelts
- Ford MyKey
- Power Child Locks
- Seat Beltminder with driver display – all seats
- Driver & front passenger airbags
- Thorax and curtain airbags
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Anti-Lock Braking (ABS), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Traction Control System (TCS), Emergency Brake Assist (EBA), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
Trend (Features additional to Ambiente)
- Dual Exhausts
- Puddle Lamps
- Auto Fold Exterior Mirrors
- Keyless Entry and Start
Interior Comfort & Convenience
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
- Push Button Start
- 10-Way Power Seat - Driver and Passenger
- Driver Seat Memory
- Heated Front Seats
- Power Lumbar Support - Driver and Passenger
- Auto Headlamps
- Auto High Beam
- Rain-Sensing Wipers
- Partial Leather Seats
- Ambient lighting (multi-colour)
- Rear View Camera
- Blind Spot Detection
- Active City Stop
- Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection
Titanium (Features additional to Trend)
- 18” Alloy Wheels
- Bodykit – Front / Side Skirts
- Power Tailgate (Wagon)
- Adaptive Suspension
- Adaptive LED headlamps
- Dynamic Headlamp Levelling
- Signature lighting
- LED headlights with LED daytime running lights
- Panoramic roof – 5dr (Fixed)
- Panoramic roof – Wagon (Power)
- Driver side exterior electrochromatic mirror
Interior Comfort & Convenience
- Sports Seats
- Full Leather Seats
- Heated Rear Seats
- Scuff Plates
- Power reach/rake Steering Column
- Aluminium sport pedals
- Sony premium audio system
- Blind Spot Detection
- Enhanced Active Park Assist
- Lane Keeping Aid + Assist (LKA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Driver Impairment Monitor (DIM)
All New Mondeo - Exterior Colours - Mondeo customers will have a choice of eight vibrant colours:
- Ruby Red*
- Blazer Blue
- White Platinum Tri-Coat*
- Frozen White
- Deep Impact Blue*
- Moondust Silver*
- Panther Black*
2015 Ford Mondeo New Zealand line up and RRP
|Hatch Body Style|
|Series||Engine||Transmission||Fuel Economy*||NZ RRP|
|Ambiente||2.0L EcoBoost™ (149kW)||6-speed automatic||8.2L/100km||$43,990|
|Trend||2.0L EcoBoost™ (177kW)||6-speed automatic||8.2L/100km||$48,990|
|Trend||2.0L TDCi Diesel Engine||6-speed PowerShift automatic||5.1L/100km||$50,490|
|Titanium||2.0L EcoBoost™ (177kW)||6-speed automatic||8.5L/100km||$53,390|
|Wagon Body Style|
|Ambiente||2.0L EcoBoost™ (149kW)||6-speed automatic||8.5L/100km||$45,490|
|Ambiente||2.0L TDCi Diesel Engine||6-speed PowerShift automatic||5.3L/100km||$46,990|
|Titanium||2.0L EcoBoost™ (177kW)||6-speed automatic||8.5L/100km||$54,890|
*Note: Figures obtained from controlled tests using ADR 81/02.
‡Based on the combined cycle according to ADR81/02 published on www.toyota.com.au